Sunday, January 31, 2010

The Mermaid Song

You a crewman on the dock
I half human on the rock
Like the sky and the sea
you never touched me
But I have all this while
with my eyes from a mile

At night when you sing
and dance a la elvis king
At noon when you sail
with your hands on the rail
Your very whistle
makes my hair rustle

With flying hair
and skin tanned fair 
With alert eyes
seasoned with spice
With nothing to conceal
my heart you steal

The starry blanket
high, vast and wet
The crisp breeze
flowing with ease
And your presence
give to life an essence

Like the soft ripple
of the ship-sea couple
Stay with me
sway with me
As the sails dance
to the wind’s romance

Though my world ends
where yours begins
Love once felt
can never melt
I am dusk you are dawn
we never meet I’m never gone

No comments:

Post a Comment