Sunday, January 31, 2010

Reply, sweetie pie!

The first handshake
A la soft warm cake
Still warms my skin
With a naughty grin

Your every verse
Pensive and terse
I read and reflect
Admire and respect

Your heart to win
A chat I begin
On a midwinter night
With a face bright

Then I see you
Your soft hue
Your subtle humor
The hidden amour

Your genuine concern
I slowly learn
Sense of justice
I begin to notice

Your creativity
Skill, brevity
Your frequency
Now I see

Your views
Your cues
Attract me
Repel me

To my mirth
A secret you unearth
Making my smile
Go a mile 

For two long hours
Showers of flowers
Some serious talk
Dreams we unlock

Your sandy feet
Your every tweet
I now visit everyday
Follow and survey

When you connect
You I select
Ponder for a while
Hesitant to beguile

But thoughts defy
To you they fly
Hands obey
And say “Hey!”

All I ask
For in it I bask
Is your reply
         Sweetie pie!

No comments:

Post a Comment